Someone I know has a habit of making up words when the real word to describe a thing is lost in the rush to get it out (much like this sentence). The list that follows are just some of the gems that will eventually lead to a (hopefully) lucrative book deal
- Pokery (adj.) – 1. Sharp 2. Able to poke.
- Chocolate Mouth (regional slang) – 1. Sweet Tooth
- Turning Place (locational term) – 1. An intersection or corner
- Underneathness (locational term) – 1. The position from which things waft (with a long “a”, no less).
- Pee Hole (locational term) – 1. The fly on pants (surprisingly, this was never a biological term).
- Scrumbly (adj.) – 1. Rough, as in unshaven. 2. Scruffy, plus stubbly.
To this person, sorry, I had to put this somewhere or the paper I had noted these on would get lost. You, for now, remain anonymous.
Update: Had to add “scrumbly”